Monday, April 23

Rosemary Infused Olive Oil

This weekend in Asheville, we dined at a restaurant (I believe named The Market Place) and they had the most awesome olive oil served with bread...infused with Rosemary.  Ahhh, now I know what to do with my abundance of Rosemary.

I googled a few recipes and it is simple enough:

Wash and dry a few sprigs of Rosemary to your taste, then bruise them with a knife not quite cutting all the way through.  Add them to a clean container where you will infuse.  I used a clean wine bottle with a screw on cap.  I always try to repurpose when I can.

I added some peppercorns and red pepper flakes for a little zest (optional).

Heat up a few cups of olive oil (depending on the size of your storage bottle.  You just want to warm it up; not too hot.  After it cools just a tad, add it to the bottle with the Rosemary and store in a dark, cool place for one week.  Then strain and it is ready to use.  Shelf life is a few months...if it lasts that long.

I made some extra for Jess Woods.

Enjoy

PS...I'll report back next week how it tastes.  Can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment